Professional Development Request Procedures
When planning to attend a workshop, or conference, please utilize the following detailed protocols at least six weeks prior to the event.
1. Professional Development Request Form
- Please complete the entire PD Request Form, including signing the form. Follow the details below to ensure that correct information is documented. Please also include the attached information below at the time of your request. Without the completed form and attached documentation, we cannot approve the request.
- PD Request Form
- Please make sure to double your mileage, so that you receive payment for driving to and from your workshop. You will not be reimbursed for any amount over what you submit.
- Please submit the MapQuest printouts (not another source) to show proof of your mileage, to and from the workshop.
- Please submit the program/itinerary that describes your workshop request. This will provide us the information necessary in determining approval.
- Please complete the registration form to submit with the conference form and MapQuest. You may not register prior to approval.
- Reimbursement for Materials
- To be reimbursed for materials, please include the information under “Miscellaneous”.
- Finally, send all documents to your Principal for approval & his/her signature first, not directly to the Curriculum Office.
- Your principals will then send all documents to the curriculum office for approval, who will then forward it to the Board Office.
- Please do not enter a PD day in AESOP, this will be done for you once you are approved.
2. School Travel Reimbursement
- Please submit all Travel Reimbursement Documents/Receipts after you have attended the
workshop, not when you are submitting for approval.
- You will not receive your reimbursement until the following forms & reports are submitted.